Optimizing the life of your candle:
- Do not trim your wick before the first burn!
- When you light your candle for the first time, it is important to leave it burning until the entire surface is liquid. The wax should burn all the way (or pretty close) to the sides of the jar. This will prevent tunneling (burning down the middle) in future burns. The rule of thumb is to burn 1 hour for every inch of your jar’s diameter:
- 16 Ounce Jars = 3-4 hours
- 9 Ounce Jars = 2-3 hours
- 4 Ounce Jars = 1-2 hours
- Do not exceed 4 hours of burning, regardless of jar size!
- Keep your wick trimmed to approximately 1/4” before you light your candle.
- Burn your candle away from any drafts, including vents and windows.
** You should stick to these guidelines each time that you burn your candle!**
Tunneling → As mentioned above, tunneling can be caused by not allowing your wax pool to melt to the sides of the jar. Tunneling should not occur on the first burn, but if it does, please contact me immediately with a photo and I'll give you instructions on how to save it. I test each batch before it's sent out, however, on rare occasions, there may be an inconsistency in a candle that was unpreventable on our end.
Burning Unevenly → If your candle is burning to one side of the jar, but not quite to the other, this is likely due to a draft or burning on an uneven surface. The slightest draft, whether from an A/C vent or window, will cause your candle to burn unevenly. This also occurs if your candle is slightly tilted to one side. If you wish to fix this, extinguish the flame and let the wax pool harden. The area that did not burn evenly should be slightly raised above where your wax pool was. Scrape this area with a butter knife so that the top of your candle is even again. Relight your candle and allow the wax pool to burn to all sides of the jar before extinguishing.
Black Smoke and/or Crackling Sound → Extinguish the flame, trim your wick to 1/4” and re-light!
“Wet Spots” or Dark Patches on Jar → Very normal for natural soy wax candles. Wax expands and contracts from the sides of the jar with temperature fluctuations. This does not affect your candle in any way except for aesthetically.
Crystals on Wax → Also known as frosting, this is the natural wax re-crystallizing and is totally normal. This does not affect your candle in any way except for aesthetically.
Yellow or Pink Tinted Candles → Depending on the fragrance you choose, you may notice that your candle has a yellow or pink tint. These tints can range from light to very dark in color and only occur in some scents, such as blueberry and wisteria. This will not affect your candle in any way except for aesthetically.
How long will it take to receive my order?
- Current production time is 1-2 business days from the date of purchase unless otherwise stated on our shop announcement (top of homepage).
- Expedited shipping will not speed up production time, it will only allow the item to arrive faster once USPS has received it.
- Transit delays tend to increase during holiday rush seasons, especially Christmas. Please be sure to check our shop announcement (top of homepage) during the busy seasons for shipping updates.
- A tracking number will be sent to you immediately upon shipping - this tracking number will give you an exact date in which your item(s) will arrive. If you do not receive an e-mail notification with tracking info, please let us know and we will send it to you.
- If you need your item by a certain date, please let us know before you make your purchase so that we can try to accommodate your request.
- If your package is lost, stolen or undelivered, please contact USPS for further instruction.
- If your package is damaged upon arrival, please contact us with a picture of the damaged product and we will send a replacement out to you.
Shipping In Warm Weather
- Warm weather can cause your candles and/or wax melts to slightly melt in transit. I prefer to ship your candle to a P.O. box or a mailbox where you can immediately retrieve your package and bring it inside under sustainable temperatures. Please not that melting is a very rare occurrence and we always package our products in the best way possible to withstand the elements.
QUESTIONS? Please contact us: email@example.com
or use the chat bottom in the bottom right corner of this page!